Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Cake Making Continues....

What can I say? I'm on a roll!

Last week was my sweet friend and colleague Karlie's birthday, and yes, you guessed it. That means another extravagant cake!

For Karlie I decided to make a Dolly Varden cake in a pretty dress. It seemed so suitable, she is a fashion designer after all. 
Initially I wanted to created a cake inspired by Louis Vuittons Spring Summer 2012 collection, all pastels and pretty flowers. There were plans, sketches, pictures for inspirations and idea - oh the ideas.

Of course it turned out nothing like I had planned - But at 11pm on a Thursday night I fear creative drive wanes.

None the less, I was more than pleased with the result - and so was Karlie.

Meet Dolly -


Cover up Missy!

That's Better!




The birthday girl enjoying some cake

If there was one thing I learnt while making Miss Dolly here, it was to BUY A FLOWER COOKIE CUTTER! and save yourself some serious time. That's right, I cut each of those flowers out with a knife, by hand! Yikes that took a long time!  But I think it was worth it.

Happy Wednesday dearies! 

M x


3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I can't believe you cut all those flowers by hand. That must have taken ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your cake making skills. That blue ombre one below is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...