Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'll Take a Box of Thin Mints Please...

When I wear this outfit I either feel like a character from Wes Anderson's "Moonrise Kingdom" (which feels really good) or I feel as if I should be asking you how many boxes of thin mints you would like (A more peculiar feeling).

It was one of those outfits that was made in a flurry of "I have nothing to wear!" panic. While that usually ends in a poorly made, ill fitting garment this one actually came out perfectly. I even took the time to interface, line and make the matching tie - adorned with the perfect vintage button.


Because I was so pleased with it I ended up wearing it on a date with a very handsome man. I felt like a million dollars. Since then it has been my go to outfit for any first meetings, good impression makings, in need of confidence boostings etc.

Do you have any go to ensembles like that?

I found about 3 metres of this fabric for $6 dollars at a second hand shop. I can't believe I "ummed" and "Ahhhed" over it for so long and then nearly put it back. Sometimes I questions my own mind! Obviously my sanity came back just in time for me to purchase it. Good Girl, Molly.

It is a home decor weight printed twill that looks as though it was from the 70's.


I'm sure you will find that it gets made up many times in various fabrics. I say that only because I know for a fact that it has a pink wool twin sitting in my wardrobe waiting to be photographed.

Both the Skirt and Tie are self drafted and so simple and fun to make up!


While its been quiet on the blog front, my hands have been ever busy. I've taken an exciting venture into the world of knitting! Its slow moving, but terribly addicting. I can't wait to share my projects with you!

Mx

9 comments:

  1. It's very cute, I think the old fashioned fabric and the little matching tie really makes the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would fit right into Moonrise Kingdom! I love the matching tie- so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute outfit, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You outfit is stunning! The little neck tie is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning outfit! Love the little tie and that it's all self drafted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable outfit! I can't wait to see what you've been knitting. I have been on a knitting kick lately too. Once winter hits I always am drawn to my knitting and crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable! I've done the opposite. I've taken a break from my decade long love affair with knitting, and I'm sewing some for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute outfit, I love the collar. Good luck with knitting, I've dabbled in it a few times but now I just leave it to my mum, a knitting fanatic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...