Friday, July 13, 2012

Photo-Play

I've recently started working on my fashion portfolio, and while I have a lot of ideas, I'm finding it particularly challenging to bring them all together in a cohesive way.

I'm of the understanding that a fashion portfolio is not so much about finished garments, as it is about the process of how you got there - mood boards, sketches etc.

Which is pretty much the opposite of how I run my blog! I NEVER put my idea's down on paper. I dream them up, then I sew them up. Occasionally I might do a quick sketch if I'm trying to explain something to someone, but that's as far as it goes.
And I certainly haven't made a mood board for every dress I've ever sewn!

How about you?

After musing over this predicament for some time, I decided to tackle it with photoshop. Not only then would I be practicing my mood board skills, but I would be practicing my photoshop Skills.

Its pretty obvious by now that I love the Red, White & Blue, So I based my mood board around that.

And this is what I came up with -

(Click on the image if you want to see a larger version)

I don't think its a conventional mood board, but will it suffice? is it too juvenile?

 Have you made a portfolio?? A mood board? ? What are your sketches like?? Whats your layout like??

EEeeep! I need Portfolio Help! Someone come to my rescue!

3 comments:

  1. Can't help but I'm like you I just get inspired (usually by fabric) and then I go for it. Love your board it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how to go about putting together a mood board, projects tend to just come to me, like you, but I also like to do mind maps to get the creative thoughts flowing when I don't have much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm 41, and don't think it's juvenile at all. I still dress like a 60's teen and have no problem with it...haha. I love the red and blue as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...