Friday, July 6, 2012

The Allure of Couture...

Before I even got around to knocking off at least one of Ulyana Sergeenko's creations from her Spring Summer '12 collection, she has gone and designed a whole new line for Fall Couture '12.

Here are a few of my favourites -







Simply divine! I love theatricality of it all. While I don't think I will be attempting to recreate too many of them, I am certainly drawing a tonne of inspiration from them.

Not surprisingly, that's not all that caught my eye. There's been talk, hype, hysteria (apparently) over Raf Simons debut collection for Christian Dior and I'm jumping on the band wagon without a seconds thought. The collection was pristine, clean and structured. The perfect harmony between mid century nostalgia and modern architecture. Vintage lovers will revel in the tightly nipped waist and padded hips that echo the much loved and infamous "New Look".

Here is just a taste, to wet your appetite. But if you, like me, need to see the whole collection - click here








I don't know about you, but that's enough inspiration to keep me locked away in my sewing room this weekend.

Happy Sewing Folks!

Mx

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy, what lovely outfits! They are almost delectable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love Raf Simons take on Dior's "New Look" - its just so hard to do that and still have it look modern - but lo and behold! He did it! And I think what I love most about the Ulyana Sargeenko's is that skirt length. So much drama! And the touch of folksie-ness. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what you mean. I like her looks as well. Designer but wearable and simple lines to emphasize the body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are insanely gorgeous. but nothing beats that red gown by ulyana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! I'm so behind... Raf Simon stuff is AMAZING. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...